January 31, 2013

Just One Stranger (Guest Post)

Ryan Bitters is a fellow blogger who I have learned so much from. He is a husband and stay-at-home father of three boys. He also spends time creating a devotional, writing poems and sharing some of his personal stories at Stronger in Faith. This is a story he shared in response to my Confirming Circumstances post. Enjoy! 

____________________________


Just One Stranger by Ryan Bitters

After reading just a few lines of Peter Watt's post on Confirming Circumstances, I found myself thinking of one situation in particular in my life that I would consider to be confirming.

Now my circumstance is confirming in a slightly different way as it didn't confirm a direct path or an answer to a situation, but rather confirmed the miraculous hand of God in my life.

My wife, kids, sister and her husband, as well as some friends and myself went to a concert called Winterjam in January of last year (2012). We were having a wonderful time singing praises to the Lord and enjoying some great Christian music.

During the concert there was a woman that sat on the other side of our group, beside my oldest son. She had said a few words to him throughout the concert, but for the most part kept to herself. However, during one intermission this would all change.

This kind and polite lady needed to get out of our row and use the restroom. We all stood up and let her through and sat back down. She was gone for quite sometime and we had just assumed she had left.

About 45 minutes later, during another intermission, she returned. I felt the need to say something, so I muttered, "glad to see you back, we thought you had left."

This started what would become a fairly lengthy conversation and one that I will never forget.

Throughout all the words we spoke back and forth to each other I could feel the hand of God moving between us, confirming his awesomeness, power and grace.

This woman who we took for no more than a polite stranger was actually a childhood friend of my mother's. As a result of that conversation I was able to tell her about my mom's terminal cancer and lupus and that she only had a few months to live. This allowed her the opportunity to visit my mother one last time.

How amazing is that? We were a state away in an arena packed with 13,000+ strangers and out of all the people that God could place in front of me that evening, it was this woman.

To me, that is a Confirming Circumstance.

Ryan Bitters
Stronger In Faith

__________________________________________________


Thank you for taking the time to read this 'Wandering Thoughts'.  If this has touched you in anyway, I would love to hear from you.  You can leave a comment below and share your own personal revelations; or send me a personal message on Google+ or Facebook.

May you be blessed today.  

2 comments:

  1. I am truly amazed and touched by that, Ryan! It is so very typical of God, but it is amazing in that this is THE Being Who runs not only the entire Universe (hello?) but also EVERYTHING ELSE that is good and perfect in existence... and yet He prioritizes His works based on the hearts and emotions of His beloved children - a bunch of people He took from the DUST of the ground! Truly, I'm watery just thinking of it. Just LOOK at His Loving, Tender Heart! He never overlooks the slightest good He can do for us. Praise His Name. What an amazing moment to share and what keenness between you and Holy Spirit to recognize Abba's gracious Hand in it all. Hallelujah! As ever and always - TO GOD be the Glory! THANKS for sharing a magnificent post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this, stories like this is like protein for us to strength and growth in faith.

    ReplyDelete