February 07, 2013

Was It Meant To Be? (Guest Post)

Belinda blogs at I Don't Wanna Go To Church.  When she isn't blogging, she is designing graphics and websites, playing taxi and a Jill of all trades.  She has been a great source of encouragement to me as I've started blogging.  For the Confirming Circumstance series, she offered to share one of her many stories. I'm sure you will enjoy this love story.
____________________________________________________

Was It Meant To Be? by Belinda Forgy

They say everything happens for a reason. Some people agree wholeheartedly and some disagree vehemently. I just tell the story of Clint and I.

We met in an internet chat room over 15 years ago and after months of chatting we finally met in real life at a truck stop (this will be funny later) in my home town. What we discovered about our past lives without each other, makes me believe that we were always meant to be with each other. Here are a few of my Confirming Circumstances:

  • He lived in N Kansas City around the same time I was frequenting the area with friends. We were probably at the same parties and never knew it. 
  • He and his first wife had three beautiful sons; I had three miscarriages, all near the times of his son's births (1st son b 1986, my 1st loss was early '87; 2nd son born 1989, my 2nd loss was early 1989; my daughter was born in Jan 1991, 3rd son was born June 1991 and my 3rd loss was Mar 1992) 
  • He always dreamed (literally) of having a curly-haired, brown-eyed daughter; I had one 
  • He almost moved to Houston, Texas but his wife at the time didn't want to be that far from her parents so they moved to Columbia, Missouri; I would not have met him in real life if they had moved anywhere other than Columbia 
  • As a small child I always day dreamed about my dad (who was not in my life) being a truck driver and coming to take me away; after we were married, Clint became a truck driver (after dealing with some spiritual issues of his own!) 
Now again, these are just some of the circumstances I'm willing to share, but we are both still amazed how we never met earlier since so much of our lives overlapped for years and years! My three inherited sons are truly like my own and Clint has been a great dad to his inherited daughter. I could sit and cry over all the years we were obviously not obeying God in our lives, or I can rejoice in the fact that no matter what we humans screw up, God continues to work in us for His will!

Belinda Forgy
I Don't Wanna Go To Church

__________________________________________________

Thank you for taking the time to read one of the many Wandering Thoughts. If this has touched you in anyway, I would love to hear from you. You can leave a comment below and share your own personal revelations; or send me a personal message on Google+ or Facebook.

If you enjoyed this, please sign up here for email updates to never miss another Wandering Thought.

Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. These were great, Belinda. I always love God-incidences and how He works it out that His will is done in our lives despite our - uh - humanity. =0) God bless your patience, courage, and perseverance... they're Godly traits that strengthen and encourage others to endure. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part of this post is your last line. Thanks for writing and sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete